How do you pronounce Bdellium?
bdel • li • um [del-ee-uhm, -yuhm]. The “b” is silent.
What’s the difference between all the brush lines?
What is the difference between the Pink Bambu, Green Bambu, & Yellow Bambu?
The Pink Bambu and Purple Bambu handles are longer than the Green Bambu and Yellow Bambu. The Green Bambu and Yellow Bambu have the same length handles. Approximate measurements can be found in the product description details of each brush.
What type of natural hair do you use in the brushes?
All of Bdellium Tools natural hair bristles are either Pony or Goat hair. We DO NOT use any exotic animal’s fibers (sable, squirrel, weasel, badger, etc). NO ANIMAL CRUELTY is involved in the production of any of our tools.
What makes the Bambu series and the SFX brushes Eco-Friendly?
Bamboo is one of the most sustainable resources & environmentally sound plants on Earth. It has a rapid re-growth cycle & can be harvested with virtually no impact on the environment. Bamboo can also be grown in soil damaged by overgrazing or poor agricultural techniques truly making this a Green product. On top of the eco-friendly bamboo handles is our use of soft synthetic filaments that have not been antibacterial treated.
How do you clean the brushes?
So now that you’ve purchased your Bdellium Tools brushes, you want to know how to take care of them so they will last. Remember, there is a difference between “cleaning” your brushes and “disinfecting” your brushes. We recommend that you “clean” your brushes regularly and “disinfect” only when you need a quick fix in between multiple clients in the same day.
How to DISINFECT your brushes:
Materials needed: Paper Towel, Brush cleanser of your choice
- 1. Dampen the paper towel using the brush cleanser of your choice.
- 2. Take the brush and whisk it back and forth in a sweeping motion on the damp paper towel. Do not whisk the brush in circular motions as this will deteriorate the bristles. Make sure to thoroughly “disinfect” all areas of the bristles on the brush
How to CLEAN your brushes:
Materials needed: Paper towels, towel, running water, mild shampoo of your choice, time, patience & gentle care
- 1. Take the brush and wet them under running room temperature water. Be sure to keep the bristles of the brush facing down. This helps to prevent water from seeping into the ferrule (metal piece holding the handle & bristles together) or handle.
- 2. Put some shampoo (never use dish washing soap or anything with a degreaser) on your fingers/hand and apply it to the bristles of the brush. Start from the ferrule/handle and work your way down towards the tip of the bristles. Massage the shampoo into the bristles gently.
- 3. Run the brush (bristle side down) under clean water to help rinse off the shampoo. Repeat this process until all residue of shampoo has been washed off.
- 4. Lay down a paper towel and dab the brush on the towel to help remove excess water.
- 5. Re-shape your brush to its original shape
- 6. Lay flat on a new clean towel to dry.
- Preferably you should dry your brushes with the bristles facing down to allow gravity to help pull any water that may have seeped into the ferrule/handle out. You can also, prop up your brushes so that they are at a 45° to help facilitate the drying process.
- Do not dry your brushes with the bristles standing up. This will allow water, shampoo, cleanser or any other liquid you have used to seep into the ferrule & handle and will compromise the quality of your brushes.
- Do not dip or submerge your brushes fully into a reservoir of water. This will allow water to seep into the ferrule & handle and will compromise the quality of your brushes.
- Disinfecting your brushes using a brush cleanser should NOT replace regular washing.
What do you mean by all-vegan?
It means that there are no animal products used in the production of this line. Ingredients used in Bdellium Tools products are not tested on animals, ingredients used in Bdellium Tools brushes are not required to be tested on animals due to local laws and regulations, Bdellium Tools products are not sold anywhere that requires animal testing due to local laws and regulations, and Bdellium Tools does not have a distributor in any region that requires animal testing due to local laws and regulations.
What is the ferrule?
The ferrule is the metallic ring of the brush that connects the handle of the brush to the fibers or filaments used in the head of the brush.
Do you have a discount program for industry professionals and makeup students?
Yes we do! We offer a discount for makeup artists, makeup students and industry professionals. Currently, the program is only available to US residents.
Apply here: Bdellium Tools Pro